Monday 6 January 2014

DIY Decorative Sticks



I’ve always thought the bundle of sticks décor looked great placed in corners of rooms, just to fill a space. I know you can purchase this stick décor at Ikea, Wal-Mart or any other décor stores ranging from $15-25 dollars. However, I thought I could just save some money and make my own stick décor with a girly twist.

Items you’ll need:
Cutting Shears
Sticks
Glitter Spray
Vase

Step 1: I was able to take some cutting shears and cut down a few straight branches and some red dogwood from my mom’s forest. Once all my sticks were cut, I took the shears and cut all the small branches off making sure the sticks looked straight and smooth.

Step 2: I then purchased some Krylon Glitter Spray to give my sticks some sparkle. I took some string and tied the sticks all together. (Easier to spray) I then took the glitter spray and sprayed the sticks. Make sure to do it outside and let sit for a few hours. The glitter looks excellent on the sticks and gives the sticks a stained/store purchased look.

Step 3: Once sticks are dry, untie them and place them in a nice vase. Now you can place the sticks in any room of your home! Enjoy J  


No comments:

Post a Comment