Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas Wagon Wheel


Christmas Crafts!

Hey Guys!

Again, I do apologize for the delay in my blog postings! However, I am finally back from my wonderful vacation! Once I returned home, or even better to my mom’s craft studio, I have been extremely busy working on DIY Christmas Crafts and tutorials to follow. I’m going to post each craft I create/redo, each baked good I make and the Christmas gifts that I create. All my Christmas crafts and goods will be posted as soon as they’re created and will continue all the way up until Christmas day! Hope you beauties enjoy these festive crafts and snacks.
Enjoy!

Time to decorate: DIY Christmas Wagon Wheel

This craft is super easy to do, the main item you will need is a large wagon wheel. I got mine from my mom’s, but you can try to find them at flea markets or try asking around for one!

Items you will need:
Wagon Wheel
Pine Tree Branches
Pinecones
Brown Twine
Burlap for a bow or purchase a bow
Red Cranberry Vines
Clear Christmas Lights are optional
Zip Ties

**All these items can be purchased at a dollar store except for the vintage wagon wheel!

Step 1: After you have purchased your supplies it’s time to just have fun and start decorating the wheel as you please. I cut down my own tree branches from my mom’s forest in her backyard. I know you can also buy tree branches at Christmas tree farms this time of year so that’s an option too! I used zip ties to secure the branches onto the wagon wheel. If you’re adding Christmas lights I suggest you add them now.

Step 2: Once the tree branches and lights are secure, you can add your pinecones. I used brown twine and the pinecones to make a garland.  I then attached that with zip ties. Now add the cranberries and other decorations you would like to the branches.

Step 3: Once all the decorations are fully secure its time to add the bow! I made my bow out of burlap fabric and Christmas ribbon, or you can just purchase a bow that’s already created from the dollar store. Also attach the bow with a zip tie.
With everything attached your festive wagon wheel should be completed!

Hope you guys enjoyed & more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment